Friday, February 3, 2012

1 Year

Here we are readers. Your intrepid author Tumbly has proudly deposited one year of blogging into the bank of the internet. I know I haven't updated nearly as often as I should have, nor nearly as often as I said I would. As a result, the balance on my internet account (to painfully continue this awful metaphor) has not gone increased by one imaginary cent. After the initial spurt of blog posts, which were just too much fun to write, I just lost a lot of steam. I had some ideas, but the words eluded me like a good dental hygiene eludes rednecks and the British.
The ironic part of this was that the loss of ability and motivation to write came at the same time as an increase in time and change in my life. I changed jobs, learning what it meant to be in business for myself. I learned how much it hurts be to so torn by a relationship and not know what to do. I might have even started to grow up. We'll see.

When I started this blog, I made a list of definitions for February 3rd. I thought that since so much has changed between then and now, you might have begun to get confused as to what exactly February 3rd looks like now. Since the mighty February 3rd is still pretty hard to pin down, I figured I'll give you a list of what it's not. Maybe if you're smarter than me you can figure it out through the process of elimination.

FEBRUARY 3RD IS NOT:
  • February 3rd is not Groundhog Day. Those furry psychic freaks don't invite me to their parties.
  • February 3rd is not double jointed.
  • February 3rd is not able to offer any help to the victim of mail fraud. There is a conflict of interest.
  • February 3rd is not the droids you're looking for.
  • February 3rd is not your mother, so please pick up after yourself.
  • February 3rd is not a full 24 hours long. It donated a few minutes to charity and now feel much better about itself.
  • February 3rd is not going to talk about its childhood. The court records are sealed.
  • February 3rd is not obsessed with My Little Pony. We'll leave that to the weird guys in their mid twenties. 
  • February 3rd is not stalking the descendants of Leif Erickson. 
  • February 3rd is not deciduous tree living in the upper reaches of the Ozark Mountains.
  • February 3rd is not splitting the check at dinner when it only had the soup.
  • February 3rd is not a fan of itself on Facebook.
  • February 3rd is not a world class cellist who can play sold out concert venues.
Well I hope that helps. There should be either no confusion at all, or an outstanding amount of it. I really can't think straight after writing that list. Now of course, February 3rd originally began as a celebration of a very special lady's half birthday. As her birthday has not changed (though I would really love to know what the procedure for that would be) the date still holds. Happy half birthday Nicole. So long for now, and check back soon for more posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment